Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The sage is full of anxiety and indecision in undertaking anything, and so he is always successful.

These are two things I've been meaning to bring up (up with which I've been meaning to bring):

1. I saw this sign on campus that said: "Redefine Service - It only takes a thought." I thought this was fantastic. I'm glad I don't have to actually physically do anything to serve any more now that I've redefined service. I just think about service and I'm set.

2. Almost everyone I know (that is, at least 1 in 10 people) has complained about the two presidential candidates, saying they don't think that they can vote for either of them or that they'll pick the lesser of two evils. I think this is interesting, because I'm 99% certain that if, two years ago, you'd asked me to pick my favorite Republican and my favorite Democrat to be the presidential candidates, I would have chosen John McCain and Barack Obama. Actually, two years ago I was in Tupungato, Mendoza, Argentina with Rodolfo Barros and wasn't thinking much about politics. But I still would have given you those names. I was thrilled with the choices this year. They sent shivers up my leg. I could see them in Russia from my doorstep. Etc.

1 comments:

Caitlin Carroll said...

You never fail to make me laugh. I hate those redefine service signs. Do we really need to be reminded to help out our fellow man? If we do, we're pathetic.