Saturday, October 10, 2009

I wish I could remember everything

When I was five, my family took a trip to the Washington D.C./ Maryland area, where my grandparents and several other relatives lived. While there we visited Annapolis. In Annapolis, there are brick streets. Not everywhere, but in parts. There's a roundabout that I have in mind which I might also call a traffic circle, and I believe it was there that I started to walk out into the brick street as a five-year-old when my dad grabbed me. Because the streets were brick, I didn't think to look both ways before crossing, but luckily my dad was paying attention because he narrowly saved me from being hit by a car coming around the circle.

In Argentina, I was in San Martín when, while we were talking with a man on the side of a dirt road in Villa del Carmen, a little girl (3 or 4?) darted between us running out into the street just as a car was coming. I grabbed her by the shirt about a second before a the car passed -- the driver hit his breaks as soon as he saw her, but he couldn't have stopped in time. The girl gave me a mean look for grabbing her.

1 comments:

Elisa said...

In some parts of the world, it's called a rotary.