Thursday, August 13, 2009

Maybe the best idea I've ever had

"I am for an art that is political-erotical-mystical, that does something other than sit on its ass in a museum. I am for an art that grows up not knowing it is art at all, an art given the chance of having a staring point of zero. I am for an art that embroils itself with the everyday crap & still comes out on top." - Claes Oldenburg

So I'm going to need 100 second graders. We're going to do 2nd grade flash mobs, but very carefully rehearsed ones. One of them will involve the Olympic fountain at the Gateway in Salt Lake, 100 plastic bottles of different colors, and a carefully choreographed dance.

I just need someone who can help me find willing second graders, someone with a lot of plastic bottles, and someone who can choreograph bottle fountain dances.

2 comments:

Caitlin Carroll said...

Austin could get you 4th-graders. Will they suffice?

Gordon said...

No. 2nd graders. Sorry, that's just the way it has to be.