Thursday, March 5, 2009

My trip to UC Davis

So it seemed like it might be in order for me to give some sort of report or summary of my trip to the University of California at Davis, from which I returned late Tuesday night. In case anyone's curious, and hasn't heard my report yet. For that reason I began this post, but I've changed my mind, and will instead discuss my trip to Smith's last night. This wasn't a particularly interesting trip, but it's what came to mind.

Here are two things that occurred at Smith's: 1. I went to buy salsa, and decided I didn't want the Pace Picante Sauce, even if it was on sale. Nor did I want Kroger Picante Sauce, which was on an even better sale. Instead I bought the Pace Tequila Lime salsa which was maybe on sale. Maybe not. But it sounded more delicious at the time. 2. I saw some canned beverages in the Foreign Foods aisle, and remembered that Greg was raving about a lightly carbonated all juice canned beverage earlier that evening. I decided to look for such a beverage in order to purchase it. Later, as I was walking through the store, I saw the chilled beverages aisle, which I think mainly includes beer, hard lemonade, and the like. I decided the drink I had in mind probably would instead be with the soft drinks. Then I forgot about it, and didn't buy it. I did see Chili flavored Lindt chocolate at a fantastic Fresh Values price, which I did purchase.

The chocolate might technically be a third thing, because it wasn't really conected to the drink in any way.

0 comments: