Sunday, February 15, 2009

I think my brother knows this kid.

Here's one of the most hilarious things I've ever heard/seen involving a stranger on a bicycle that may be someone my youngest brother knows:

So I'm walking up the long hill/ramp at the south end of BYU campus - the one divided between pedestrians and cyclists - and it's snowing. This was yesterday early afternoon, just a little before 2 pm, and when I'm maybe 100 feet from the top of the hill, a kid on a bicycle starts down it on the other side. He's remarkable in that he's got a bass violin (double bass) in a soft bag over his shoulder and is carrying it behind his back in this manner while riding his bicycle. I've seen him before, and I always think this looks a little ridiculous and rather dangerous. But right as he's gaining speed heading down the hill with his string bass on his bicycle into the snow, I hear him say (and I don't think he was trying to say this to me but was talking to himself - which wouldn't surprise me from the kind of person who carries a bass violin on a bicycle), " I can't see." And then he weant speeding down the hill squinting to try and keep the snow out of his eyes, and wobbling a little. I found this absolutely hilarious.

0 comments: