Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dirt

100 apologies without changing, but all posts from here on out may or may not be related to the overall theme that has served this blog up until now - namely, rounders with visqueen.

So I saw a movie that I liked at times, and in it one boy tells the other he would eat dirt before telling the other a lie. The second boy asks, "Would you really eat dirt if I asked you to?" "If you asked me to... yes, I would. But you wouldn't ask me to. Would you?" This isn't really what they said, they were speaking in another language. But the subtitles ran something like that.

So, beyond the immediate emotional impact of the scene and its importance in establishing the relationship which becomes central to the film, this was interesting to me as I thought about people for whom I would eat dirt if they asked. There are other things that are harder to do than eating dirt. I also thought about what these things might be. I didn't come to many conclusions.

And now the clothes dryers were out of order, meaning that I've had to air dry my laundry. This was not a significant problem.

1 comments:

Gordon said...

For you, one thousand times.